Anime Battle Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Questions

3 posters

Go down

Some Questions Empty Some Questions

Post by otakuthegreat 5/17/2013, 11:35 am

1) From a personal analysis, it doesn't seem like most suggestions for characters, if any, often make it to the game. To accept a lot of suggestions wouldn't be the best of ideas, but there are some good ones out there, right? This is not to be offensive, but it does seem like the Character Suggestions don't see much justice. Of course, it is difficult to make characters, but just as a thought, yes?

2) Is there any certain criteria that should be met when trying to suggest characters, in addition to what has been listed by the formatting guidelines? Personally, I try to make my characters and their abilities as logically as possible, as I too work on Warcraft maps, albeit not with ABC.

3) A final question: Is it just myself and my friends, or does Aizen being on the top of the map not really serve much of a purpose? I choose to ignore him completely because I can't kill him early in the game, and I am too busy fighting against the other team later on.

I hope that these questions can be considered, and I know that working on customized maps is difficult, so please bear with me.
otakuthegreat
otakuthegreat
Newbie Member

Interests : Time Travel
Wall Status : Elsewhere

Back to top Go down

Some Questions Empty Re: Some Questions

Post by Genflare 5/17/2013, 12:18 pm

I don't know how to reply formally (more like I don't want to) but.

1. As you can see, we've only made 3 updates thus far, and one of the old authors used to be MIA alot. I agree the character suggestions don't see much justice, which we will be resolving in the remake (Depending on everyone's Real Life issues)

2.Other than the formatting guidelines we look for unique and interesting concepts which would be fun to play with and againts (mostly in terms of the skillset). AKA. skills that aren't just re-textures of wc3 skills
eg. a skill that does dmg in an aoe and continues dealing dps in that aoe is just a flame pillar (which would likely just get rejected, adding a twist in said skill like say, if the target stays X seconds in said aoe the target gets stunned, would work)
Other than that just be true to the anime said character came from.

3.Aizen being on top of the map is more or less a bonus (killing him grants an item that ressurects you) so it's more of an optional choice (not confirmed but I think he's getting removed on the remake)

TLDR ; don't worry the whole thing is getting remaked hopefully removing all the issues (most probably adding new ones.
PS : appreciate pointing out some flaws, will inform the others
Genflare
Genflare
Moderator: Animator

Interests : EROGE!!
Wall Status : Still waiting for 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 5/17/2013, 9:22 pm

1. Here's some food for thought : Dota has about 400000 estimated suggestions, not including the ones sent directly to Icefraud via email. 1 hero suggestion was ever accepted (Puck), some few skills' concept were accepted, some visualization were accepted, 1 item was ever accepted (Soul ring). This apply to every map out there except YouTD, since its goal is to implement user's ideas and concepts instead (due to its nature of being TD meaning no need for acceptable balancing).

Out of 3 updates thus far, there's already 1 hero got implemented (Yuki Nagato), with 80% of the original concept kept and improved. But the fact is that the hero was chosen by favourtism of Deckai, and as you can see in-game she's useless in the hands of 99% of ABC players , so you can guess why the rests are even less considered.

No. There aren't any good ones out there at all. There're 70% shockwave, 50% overused stun/disable, more ultimates dealing tons of damage and more damage if you use it (forced synergy) with, say, Q or W or E. There're few better than the norm ones, but not the one we need in an arena based map.

Character suggestions does not need justice a.k.a reasonable fairness. It needs to be bigger. It needs to have its own section, and promoted to "Suggestion", inside which includes "skill suggestion", "Visual suggestion", "Character suggestion" and "Gameplay suggestion" or more if you can think of any that has actual impact to the map.

2. There's no criteria to be met. You do what you want. I do what I can. If we don't meet the same standing, can't help that.

Fun is subjective, so being "fun to play" is just a bonus plus, not a requirement.

Being synergy but not forced (a.k.a LoL riot fucking faggot cock sucking bitches way of forcing players to deal more damage by walking around with their fucking Q W E readied at the same time for maximum damage).

There's no real problem with using WC3's ladder skills, but the problem lies with the rest of the skills being able to have some synergy with that skill, so yea you can pretty much have your anime shockwave to be true to the anime.

3. Aizen is overpowered because of Deckai's inability to code him right. He's an optional boss granting you an item with Resurrection and 30+ to all stats (best cost effective item).

Don't think too much on your skills being accepted or not. If it fits, I'll take it to consideration and talk it out with tom. If not, I can always help to make it more appealing but then what would the point of suggesting if I were to do that (unless the character is the only one you wanted, not the skills) ?
OmegaSui
OmegaSui
Moderator: Balancer & Tester

Interests : Aigis, duh?
Wall Status : In Tartarus, fapping

https://abcwc3.forumotion.com/t155-aigis-persona-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down