Anime Battle Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Umineko no Naku Koro Ni] Ushiromiya Battler

2 posters

Go down

[Umineko no Naku Koro Ni] Ushiromiya Battler Empty [Umineko no Naku Koro Ni] Ushiromiya Battler

Post by Fikwriter 10/14/2013, 2:28 am

Name: Ushiromiya Battler
Title: Anti-Magic Fighter
Origin: Umineko no Naku Koro ni / Ougon Musou Kyouku
Image:

Background Story:

Battler is one of the heirs of Ushiromiya family. Despite his family's richness and influence, he doesn't desire the place of family head, like most of the heirs. On the Rokkenjima island - the property of Ushiromiya family, once a year, the family meeting take place. Unluckily, this year, Ushiromiya Kinzo - family head, who's almost dead, have no intention to watch his children trying to take his place... Bizarre, illogical murders started to accure and very soon all the family and servants are dead... That's where Battler faces the truth - everyone were killed by the Golden Witch Beatrice, which intends to take her gold, once lent to Kinzo, back, together with percents - whole Ushiromiya family. But Battler have no intention to believe that his family is dead because of nonexistent "witch". He denies the possibility of magic and challenges Beatrice - his target is to prove that all murders are made by people, not by some sort of "magic".

Stats:
Max Health
========
Attack Speed
========
Base Damage
========
Defense
========
Move Speed
========

Attack Range: 128 (Melee)

Stats Growth:
Max Health
==
Swiftness
=
Potency
===

Additional Information:
Base Attack Time: 1.3
Movement speed: ~380

Default Skill: Anti-Magic Toxin [Passive]

Type of rare toxin, that's passed down the bloodline. It has the power to negate or decrease effect of magic on the viewer. due to possession of that Toxin in his blood, Battler was able to survive Beatrice's game of deduction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Grants 12% mahic damage resistance (24% in Metaworld)
Has a [(Max HP/Current HP)*8]% chance to negate any magic damage that exceeds 50% of his current HP. Can't occure twice in a 5 second interval.
Every timem magic damage is negated, Battler's MS increases by 25%.
After the Ultimate or end of Metaworld, Battler loses all his magc resistance and can't negate magic damage for 15 seconds.

Passive.

Extra Default Skill: Metaworld [Active][Damage Type: None][Target: World]
Video:
As one of the participator of witch's game, Battler can open his own Metaworld - place, where he can reconstruct the crime scene using his own suggestions as undeniable truth.
------------------------------------------
Affects all map, making it's more dull and somehow gruesome and gothic.
All buff's, which were applied on the enemies or allies by Battler's abilities, duration is increased until the Metaworld's end.
In Metaworld Battler's HP Regeneration is increased by 2% of Max HP p/s.
Allies with "Valuable Witness" buff get same HP regeneration bonus.
All-Piercing Blue Truth is unlocked for the duration.
During cast phrase "It's time to turn the chessboard!" is displayed.
Cast time is 1.2 seconds. 
Metaworld is destroyed with the Battler's death.
Duration: 20 seconds
Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Active.

1st Skill: Absolute Blue Blow [Active][Attack Type: Magic][Target: Non-Allied Unit]

Video:

Originally, Blue Truth is a weapon of suggestions. But Battler proves it can be used as a great offense tool - he releases Blue Truth along with the a strong upward diagonal punch following by the wave of magic energy.
Deals damage in a limited area around initial terget. Casts in a Melee Range. Instant cast. Enemies are knocked for 300 range, but knockback is stopped on the obstacles.
Inflicts "Unclear Statement" buff on affected enemies for 8 seconds.
If "Obvious Lie" buff is present on the initial target, it will take 1.5x extra damage and will be stunned for 1.2 seconds. Ability will not consume this buff.
If "Possible Culprit" buff is present on any of the target, that target would be slowed by 55% for 5 seconds. Ability will not consume this buff.
Lvl 1: 350 damage, 150 AoE
Lvl 2: 500 damage, 175 AoE
Lvl 3: 650 damage, 200 AoE
Lvl 4: 800 damage, 225 AoE
Lvl 5: 1000 damage, 250 AoE
Cooldown: 16/16/15/15/14

Active.

2nd Skill: Blue Truth - Suggestion [Active][Attack type: Magic][Target: Non-Allied/Allied Unit]

Using Blue Truth Battler suggests that someone is a true murder culprit, and until there's no contradicting evidence, this statement is considered truth. 
--------------------------------------
Marks enemy with the "Possible Culprit" buff, while ally is marked with "Valuable Witness". Both effects are active for 6 seconds.
Marked enemy is silenced for and receives extra damage for 4 seconds. ("The True Culprit is You!" phrase is displayed when marking) 
Marked ally have his defense and movement speed initially increased. ("He saw the Culprit!" phrase is displayed when marking)
If enemy was under "Obvious Lie" buff already, he will also take 3*Potency damage instantly. ("Admit your sins!" phrase is displayed upon him in that moment) Ability will consume this buff.
If enemy was under "Unclear Statement" buff, he will have 35% chance to miss with his base attacks.

Cannot be casted on self. Cast range: 550 Cast time: 0.4
Lvl 1: Silence: 1.5 seconds, ex dmg: 15% / Def increase +5, MS + 10%
Lvl 2: Silence: 1.75 seconds, ex dmg: 20% / Def increase +7, MS + 15%
Lvl 3: Silence: 2.0 seconds, ex dmg: 25% / Def increase +9, MS + 20%
Lvl 4: Silence: 2.25 seconds, ex dmg: 30% / Def increase +11, MS + 25%
Lvl 5: Silence: 2.5 seconds, ex dmg: 35% / Def increase +13, MS + 30%
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6

Active.

3rd Skill: Checkmate by Melee Logic [Active][Attack Type: Physical][Target: Non-Allied Unit]
Video:
Knowing, that magic power of suggestions is not the only weapon he can count on, Battler never denies the pure physical forse. He charges to the enemy side, then performing a combo of 8 swift strikes, finishing combination with devastating blow - proving him being right.
Deals damage each strike, while reducing enemy's armor each strike for 4 seconds. Knocks back 550 range. When enemy is knocked back, collision against obstacle will deal him extra 2*Battler's Endurance damage, and collision with another enemy will not deal damage, but stun them both for 2 seconds and end knockback.
If enemy was under "Unclear Statement" buff already, he will take 6% of his current HP as damage.
If enemy was under "Possible Culprit" buff already, his attack will be reduced by 25%.
Affected target gains the "Obvious Lie" buff for 7 seconds.
Cast time is 0.3 seconds. 
Charge can be interrupted by stun/knockback/obstacle. If charge is interrupted, Battler himself is stunned for 1.5 seconds.
When combo is started, Battler is unvulnerable and will continue to strike enemy for 1.25 seconds or until target is dead.
Lvl 1: Punch damage: 30, final damage: 3*Potency, armor reduction 0.3 per strike
Lvl 2: Punch damage: 50, final damage: 3*Potency, armor reduction 0.5 per strike
Lvl 3: Punch damage: 70, final damage: 3.5*Potency, armor reduction 0.7 per strike
Lvl 4: Punch damage: 90, final damage: 3*Potency, armor reduction 0.9 per strike
Lvl 5: Punch damage: 115, final damage: 4*Potency, armor reduction 1.1 per strike
Cooldown: 35/32/29/26/23

Active.

Ultimate: All-Piercing Blue Truth [Active][Attack Type: Magic][Target: Point]
Video:
The attack, which completely releases the concept of Blue Truth. Having all Battler's hopes and beliefs it's truly the strongest magic of suggestion. Being absolutely undeniable, All-Piercing Blue Truth is a magic beam, which penetrates time and space, burning everything on it's way. 
Wave-type attack, that deals damage for 4 seconds in the 1900 range, with 250 AoE.
Deals extra 3.5*Potency damage for each of special buffs on the enemies.
Extra 35% slow for 2 buffs.
Also, 9% chance to kill enemy who have all 3 buffs
All the buffs are consumed.
Cast time is 1.6 seconds.
During the cast phrase "Everything will be solved... With my Blue Truth!" is displayed
Channeling.
Requires
Metaworld.
Lvl 1: 2500 damage
Lvl 2: 3500 damage
Lvl 3: 4500 damage
Cooldown: 165/145/125 seconds
I know it looks like BRS Ultimate... But that's his ultimate skill in the game so >.<

I will greatly appreciate any critics. And sorry for bad English, I'm not so good in it yet =='
And excuse me for no pics - blog prohibits me from posting links for 7 days after registration =|

Changes 15.10.13:
Spells info changed.

Changes 24.10.13:
-Default skill: Anti-Magic Toxin
    Added extra magic resistance in Metaworld
    After Metaworld or All-Piercing Blue Truth Battler loses magic resistance for some time. 
    Negating cooldown: 3s -> 5s
-Extra Default skill: Metaworld
   Extra HP p/s: 1% -> 2%
   "Valuable Witnesses" now gain extra HP p/s too.
   Cast time: 0.9s -> 1.2s
   Duration: 15s -> 20s
   Cooldown: 40s -> 60s

-2nd Skill: "Blue Truth - Suggestion" 
   Now inflict blind on the enemy with "Unclear Statement" buff.
-3rd Skill: "Checkmate by Melee Logic"
   During combo, Battler and his target are unvulnerable.
   Damage now dealt by punches, not after combo is finished.
   Damage of obstacle collision is reduced from 2.5*Endurance to 2*Endurance
   Extra damage of "Unclear Statement" buff is lowered from 8% of Current HP to 6%
-Ultimate: All-Piercing Blue Truth
   Cast time: 1.2s -> 1.6s
   Range: 4000 -> 1900
   AoE: 350 -> 250
   Cooldown: 150/130/110 -> 165/145/125
Fikwriter
Fikwriter
Newbie Member

Interests : UNLIMITED FATE FUN!!

Back to top Go down

[Umineko no Naku Koro Ni] Ushiromiya Battler Empty Re: [Umineko no Naku Koro Ni] Ushiromiya Battler

Post by otakuthegreat 11/13/2013, 12:44 pm

Again, I am not a member of the staff, and I would suggest waiting for the new map to work on the suggestion, but if we skim it according to the old system, we can find some issues to fix:

Like with Beatrice, the stats are labeled wrong, but that isn't so important; the more pressing issue is the move speed, which is too fast. Consider that the average move speed of heroes is around 240 to 270, and that the max is 522. If the move speed were around 380 at base, stacking speed boosting items would max him out fairly early in the game, which would be imbalanced. If the character has a particular affinity for speed, which I recall as not for Battler in Ougon Musou Kyoku, then I would suggest somewhere around 270 to 290.

Unless both defaults were merged or necessary for one another, it would be difficult to convince most people that a hero should have two defaults. My personal suggestion would be to remove one of the 1st to 3rd skills and put Anti-Magic Toxin as a leveling passive ability. This is how I would write the ability as a 1st to 3rd with balances:

#th Skill: Anti-Magic Toxin [Passive]

Battler's body has a type of rare toxin that's passed down the bloodline, negating or decreasing the effect of magic on the carrier. As a result of having this toxin, Battler was able to survive Beatrice's game of deduction.
----------------------------------
Grants magic damage resistance (x1.5 in Metaworld)
Every magic attack received has a chance of triggering buff increasing move speed to 125%.
When Metaworld closes, Battler loses all his magic resistance and can't negate magic damage for 15 seconds.
Level 1 - 10% damage reduction; move speed boost duration 3 seconds
Level 2 - 15% damage reduction; move speed boost duration 4 seconds
Level 3 - 20% damage reduction; move speed boost duration 5 seconds
Level 4 - 25% damage reduction; move speed boost duration 6 seconds
Level 5 - 30% damage reduction; move speed boost duration 7 seconds
Spell Type: Passive, Buff, Self

That's just an example of how it could work.

Personally, I think that the number of buffs is confusing, but it may be creative enough to work.

The Metaworld ability does not specify how much longer each buff should be made, whether it is by a set time (+2 seconds) or by a percentage (duration +50%). Not much to comment on other than that.

Not much issues with the 1st or 2nd ability to me, so we’ll skip them for now.

For the 3rd ability, there are a number of issues. First, since the duration is 1.25 seconds, eight consecutive strikes would take place at intervals of ~0.15 seconds. The duration should probably be increased to accommodate the attack. Another confusing point is the knockback factor: would Battler inflict knockback per hit or as a finisher? If it is per hit, that would be difficult with the above intervals, as he would have to dash 550 per hit 8 times, carrying him and his enemy into some corner of the map. I would also slightly reduce the armor reduction per hit, but that’s just me.

The ultimate is only effective when EVERY single ability that Battler has is used on a single enemy one after another, beginning with the Metaworld and ending with the actual ultimate ability. A question: if during the attack, an enemy is initially struck, but leaves the damage radius, how much damage would they take? The description says damage is dealt over four seconds, so would the damage be dispersed equally over that time? I would also set a single cooldown time, as the Metaworld has a solid time. The additional potency damage does not really increase the overall power of the attack, so that should be modified or removed. Finally, the casting range of 1900 seems to be a bit large, but would make a bit more sense as the total distance of the projectile wave.

Overall, the character requires stacking buffs on enemies, which would ideally be on a single target, but difficult against a team or group of enemies. The style of play should be balanced to accommodate the character in an arena game. I would rework the skills to that point and purpose, and instead of having three separate buffs, I would run one, two if necessary. I thought it was really creative though. 

btw; the Twin Battle Towers ability on Beatrice doesn’t have the video.
otakuthegreat
otakuthegreat
Newbie Member

Interests : Time Travel
Wall Status : Elsewhere

Back to top Go down