Anime Battle Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback

+10
EbonyStallion
The10th-X
Drake RaiderZ
spdlqj6881
Nuuby
NoirEmperorXIII
thomasinow
Uoyalz
OmegaSui
Deckai
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback Empty ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback

Post by Deckai 7/31/2012, 11:36 am

So, Ohayou mina san..

========================= PROGRESS =========================
As what I said previously,
I'll list all progress of ABC 1.3 here, just to make clear to all about what we have done today
Started from 30/07/2012 until the release time (around Eid al- Fitr/Idul Fitri)
(Does not include progress before 30/07/2012, We'll constantly update this)

Spoiler:
===========================================================

===================== NEWS & FEEDBACK =======================

In this case, We want to ask your opinion about our new system for ABC.
Please just give answer for UNSOLVED question.

Spoiler:

===========================================================

Last edited by Deckai on 8/12/2012, 7:04 pm; edited 7 times in total
Deckai
Deckai
Respected: CG Artist

Back to top Go down

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback Empty Re: ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback

Post by OmegaSui 7/31/2012, 11:48 am

_Gets lumbers for break a killing spree for tier 3 items upgrading.
_Gets a buff to enhance your power.
_Obviously, more gold.
OmegaSui
OmegaSui
Moderator: Balancer & Tester

Interests : Aigis, duh?
Wall Status : In Tartarus, fapping

https://abcwc3.forumotion.com/t155-aigis-persona-3

Back to top Go down

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback Empty Re: ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback

Post by Uoyalz 7/31/2012, 12:09 pm

And just when I thought the place is gonna be very dead, here comes a post about 1.3.

Just a question...
How is a streak system suppose to balance the game?
All I can think of is that it would sound cool or something.

OmegaSui wrote:_Gets lumbers for break a killing spree for tier 3 items upgrading.
I like this idea.
Uoyalz
Uoyalz
Admin: Developer

Interests : Animes, Spriting

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 7/31/2012, 12:13 pm

Easy. When you are on a streak, you get the momentum thanks to which you can be much more dangerous via killing (the more you kill the more the gold). It should be rewarding for the other team to end the killing spree of someone like that, as he's fat on items already and much harder to kill, hence extra gold were given for ending a killing spree. It helps the other team to break that momentum and gain some advantages of gold and exp to themselves, and become ready for a comeback.
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasinow 7/31/2012, 7:53 pm

Moved to correct place, putted as announcement.
thomasinow
thomasinow
Admin: Author & Developer

Interests : Modeling, GFX Stuff

https://abcwc3.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2012, 7:59 pm

I dont get why should give reward to one who 's having streak.
Since he/she can get streak which means he's already had advantage from earlier or gain after that(EXP and GOLD).
Instead of giving reward to him/her,the reward should be given to the enemy who killed the one who's having streak to pull the game distance closer.(EXP or GOLD)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 7/31/2012, 8:46 pm

That is where you're wrong.
The streak is there to encourage people to go after kills and make the game less a farm festival. Unlike LoL whereas you always get 300 or lower with your kill streak (since the hero's bounty is reduced when he is killed), you're rewarded the more you kill without fail, hence you must be extra careful when going into combat to maintain the momentum gold advantage and not get killed so that the other team won't get the gold for ending your streak (and exp also since you'd probably be at higher level due to long kill streak)
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by NoirEmperorXIII 7/31/2012, 9:43 pm

Okay I have an idea how to make things balance. Ofc its up to you guys if you will take my idea or not since that Im inactive.

The idea of additional gold for a dominating player being killed is in their. That is definitely need to be their or else it would be unbalance.

Second, the idea of lumber for upgrade. This part is totally good. But the question is how to obtain it. First, the idea of Sui of breaking a killing in succession is one. It is as he said, this is to make the game more exciting.

Another one would be killing a dominating player. This is for balancing the game. But rather than by just killing a player manage to kill in succession, it must have a special condition like killed the opponent without triggering a certain skill effect or maybe a time base condition of whatever you guys could think.

Another one would be winning a duel. On this one, rather than obtaining a gold by winning, make it a lumber instead since that the duel happen every 5 mins anyway.

And lastly trade-able by gold but it gotta cost high. Something like 7-10k gold for 1 lumber.

Another one, the tomes or whatever those stats upgrade on the shop before. Change the currency to lumber as well.

The upgrade of items per level should be increase base only on the default bonus of the title. Maybe like 10-20% of increase on the item effect and the same percent for the status the item offers.

If this sound confusing, sorry for Im having some problem as well.
NoirEmperorXIII
NoirEmperorXIII
Addicted Member

Interests : Moe and Cool
Wall Status : is waiting...

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 7/31/2012, 10:11 pm

Okay I have an idea how to make things balance. Ofc its up to you guys if you will take my idea or not since that Im inactive.
It has nothing to do with anything, the inactive part.
Another one would be killing a dominating player
Who is considered a dominating player?
Another one would be winning a duel. On this one, rather than obtaining a gold by winning, make it a lumber instead since that the duel happen every 5 mins anyway.
Having both looks sexier.
And lastly trade-able by gold but it gotta cost high. Something like 7-10k gold for 1 lumber.
If it's tradeable, we'd just have it at ??k gold for the recipe, since we don't lose gold when we die.
Another one, the tomes or whatever those stats upgrade on the shop before. Change the currency to lumber as well.
With the introduction of 3rd tier items, tomes should be removed.

3rd tier items. What would they be? Merging of 2 different items with recipe? Pure gold improving recipe? Or something overkill like 2 hp orb merged into 1?

Return to the question. Until there are 3rd tier items, discussing on how to get lumber via other methods wouldn't do any good.

Leaving lumber rewards aside, player on a killing spree if not given extra gold then he should be given 1 lumber for every 4 consecutive kills without dying. Ending a player on a killing spree should also be given 1 lumber for every 3 or even only 2 consecutive kills the dominating player had.

People only consider killing spree as a dominating player. What if it happens in a team trying to make a comeback and landed a perfect combo and got 4 kills in a row or the team being dominated got enemies off guard and let the carry scored some kills? Sure there are snowballing matters but we can always make up to that by increasing the ending spree rewards, to a level where people would be scared to be killed on a spree, like up to x4 normal bounty.
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by Uoyalz 8/1/2012, 7:50 am

OmegaSui wrote:like up to x4 normal bounty.
Isn't that kinda broken? Even DotA doesn't have that high of a bounty and I'm pretty sure it due to being broken.
In fact, x2 normal bounty is good enough already.
Uoyalz
Uoyalz

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 8/1/2012, 11:52 am

http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/Gold
It's 400 for 10+ kills in a row, so it's about x3 the normal bounty.

Btw do you realize I was talking about the killing spree whereas the dominating player is having a huge amount of kills in a row and is actually snowballing?
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by Uoyalz 8/1/2012, 1:27 pm

Ah, I guess I didn't completely understand what you were saying.
My bad.
Uoyalz
Uoyalz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuuby 8/1/2012, 2:42 pm

Killing spree because farming > ganking atm. Compared to killing a hero which would require using more than one skill usually or setting up a gank, you could use one skill and wipe a creep camp for the same amount of gold with far less effort.

And when the enemy dies they don't lose anything but the respawn time.

Nuuby
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback Empty im korean student.

Post by spdlqj6881 8/1/2012, 8:33 pm

umm,,i cant english well
i want to download ABC v1.3..
where is the map?

spdlqj6881
Random People

Interests : Anime

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake RaiderZ 8/1/2012, 9:15 pm

Hmm... What if ya make a system for an item or aura, perhaps. The player who earns First Blood or whatever will get an aura/item/ability that boosts the team's stats a little. And if the player who caused the First Blood is killed, the killer gets the aura/item/ability and if the one that has it dies (killed by creep/tower/etc) the ability will be given to a random player on the opposing team.

Just a board suggestion
Drake RaiderZ
Drake RaiderZ
Amateur Member

Interests : Ga-Rei Zero and Angel Beats
Wall Status : Need2Focus on Exams,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/1/2012, 11:43 pm

Drake RaiderZ wrote:Hmm... What if ya make a system for an item or aura, perhaps. The player who earns First Blood or whatever will get an aura/item/ability that boosts the team's stats a little. And if the player who caused the First Blood is killed, the killer gets the aura/item/ability and if the one that has it dies (killed by creep/tower/etc) the ability will be given to a random player on the opposing team.

Just a board suggestion

The current balancing system the chosen is quite good enough and yours suggestion would make the game system more balance indeed. But you have to know
Whether there are any better suggestion outside there or none, the point is making the game more balance.
Your suggestion seems more like adding new items or skills/buff from killing hero...it's rather killing 'The game boss' and get buffed or something eles
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 8/2/2012, 12:13 am

You guise should stop LoL-ing ABC.
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasinow 8/2/2012, 12:17 am

@spdlqj6881
ABC v1.3 still on progress.
thomasinow
thomasinow
Admin: Author & Developer

Interests : Modeling, GFX Stuff

https://abcwc3.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2012, 11:12 pm

OmegaSui wrote:You guise should stop LoL-ing ABC.

We are LoL-ing LoL and LoL-ing ABC too Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The10th-X 8/2/2012, 11:49 pm

ArhNZaii wrote:

o_O
The10th-X
The10th-X
True Supporter

Interests : Anything Animeish, D

https://www.youtube.com/user/The10thX

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 8/3/2012, 12:09 am

ArhNZaii wrote:

ABC v1.3 Progress News and Feedback Thumbs_nigga_you_just_went_full_retard
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by Uoyalz 8/3/2012, 4:28 pm

After thinking back about the announcement about those 7 new characters, I want to question about Shana-tan.
This is in no way offense. I really just want to know the reasoning.

I believe you guys said that only 4 characters is allowed per series. So, why would you guys waste a place with what is essentially the same character as Shana? Shana-tan is basically a smaller Shana, so she's basically a clone character, thus waste space.

If there are no other fighting characters available, I might be able accept Shana-tan. However, since that's not the case, since there's Wilhelmina, Sydonay or Margery Daw, I really don't think Shana-tan deserves it.

But let's say that the series really has no other characters in it, I would still have a hard time accepting her. For starters, just how exactly are you guys suppose to present Shana-tan in the battlefield? Are you seriously going to put Shana-tan on Yuuji's head and make him walk around for Shana-tan?(That according to the fact that Shana-tan is a special character.)

Overall, I think Shana-tan is just a waste of space and is not deserving because...
1. It's basically another Shana.
2. There are other deserving characters in Shana series too.

Uoyalz
Uoyalz

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 8/3/2012, 5:33 pm

Per series, but not of a whole. I believe Shana-tan falls into the "SnS omake" or "SnS-tan" and not the "SnS" whereas Shana belongs to. That applies to a long line of Fate/Stay Night and its variations, Magical Lyrical Girls lalala and its variations, etc... Touhou, for example, can be provided with around near limitless amount of characters.

We are not wasting anything since ^ that applies, and the fact that we might as well enjoy it means there's nothing wasted at all. What we are wasting actually, is Grimmjow while the emo guy (be it the MC's gal brother or archenemy, idc, they're much flashier) would've been better, and Ichigay. Or Yuuji.

There's no other character in SnS series as iconic as Shana-tan. To me. At least.

Where is it that it was implied that she'd be riding Yuuji's head? I believe you have yet to take a look at the spoiler for the model used in ABC.

Overall, I think you should dig deeper. Because :
_If it's just another Shana, why the hell was she created? For fun/amusement/entertainment? What's ABC's purpose is then? Not for any of those?
_That's one sided view. I believe in equality between men and women one character to another, in terms of "deserving".
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by Uoyalz 8/3/2012, 5:51 pm

OmegaSui wrote:Per series, but not of a whole.
This is all I need to understand your reasoning.
With that settled, I think I could enjoy Shan-tan, knowing SnS won't waste a character.
Uoyalz
Uoyalz

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaSui 8/3/2012, 6:25 pm

Again, we're not wasting it if we're enjoying it. If you can't enjoy it, it's your lost, not the rest of us.
OmegaSui
OmegaSui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next